Want to get involved? Join the band? Be a band booster or just support the band as a community member? We encourage and welcome your interest!
WL Bands COVID-19 Statement
The dates and/or format for concerts and rehearsals may change as the situation changes over the course of the school year. We, the directors, will do our best to disseminate information as quickly as possible when we receive it. We are going to be taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of the students and staff to the best of our ability. These precautions include:
- Giving students time and resources to wipe down their chair prior to starting each class
- Chairs and stands set 6 feet apart in rehearsal spaces
- Splitting large ensembles into smaller groups and using team teaching to cover classes
- Restricting the sharing of band lockers
- Allowing extra time for unpacking and packing up so that students can practice social distancing and not be in a hurry
- Requiring face coverings anytime a student is out of their seat and moving around the room
- Teachers will be wearing face coverings at all times
- No wind instruments will be shared between students
- Shared percussion instruments will be wiped down with sanitizing wipes between each class
- Instruments with a water key will be required to use a disposable cloth to absorb condensation
- We will look into purchasing bell covers for as many instruments as feasible to limit aerosol output
These precautions, as well as any other mandates set forth by the school corporation, will be in place and will continue until further notice.