POINTS TO LETTER: 15
ITEMS GENERATING POINTS
- Marching Band: +3 for each completed season
- Basketball Pep Band: +1 for each completed season
- Jazz Band: +1 for each completed season
- Symphony Orchestra: +1 for each completed season
- Pit Orchestra: +1 for each completed season
- Wind Ensemble: +1 per school year
- Solo: +1 per solo PERFORMANCE at District and/or State ISSMA only (no other solo performances count toward this credit)
- Ensemble: +1 per ensemble PERFORMANCE in grades 9-12 (since ISSMA is required in grades 7-8)
- IBA All-Region, All-District, JH All-State, HS All-State, IMEA Honor Band: +1 each year
- IBA All-State Honor Band: +2 each year
- Band Department T.A.: +1 per semester
- Happy Hollow Band Helper: +1 per band per year
Once the letter has been earned (15 points), each additional 5 points earned will generate a chevron to be worn on the left sleeve of the letter jacket.
Letters will be issued at the end of the Marching Band season and at the Spring Band Festival. Letter winners will be acknowledged in the Spring Band Festival programs.
Students are responsible for the purchase of letter jackets, patches, etc. Students will be given their band letter and chevrons free of charge. Students will continue to receive band ribbons, and these are to be worn opposite the letter on the varsity jacket.