2017-2018 Band Registration
1. Log into Charms at https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/parents.asp?username=WestLafayette
- Download and read 2017-18 Band Handbook found in the Handouts & Files folder.
- Update all student/adult information based on the below instructions.
- Update the “I read/agree” field with the parent’s and student’s initials. By entering your initials, you confirm that you have read and agree to all of the 2017-18 band policies as outlined in the handbook.
To log in for the first time:
- Log on to www.charmsoffice.com, and click “ENTER / LOG IN” in the upper right corner.
- Locate the “PARENT/STUDENT/MEMBERS LOGIN” section of the web page.
- Login to your student’s program account using the following School Code: Westlafayette
- Alternately, visit https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/parents.asp?username=WestLafayette. We highly recommend you bookmark this page!
- This will bring up the main “Public” page. This will allow you to look at the “public” calendar for our bands, event list, and handouts and other “publicly shared” files, as well as a few other options.
- The first time you go here, enter your child’s ID NUMBER - this is your school student ID number, found on their ID or in Skyward - into the Student Area Password field. You will be directed to the Change Password screen, to set a personal password different from the ID, for future use. You may also be directed to create both a unique Username and Password for the student. There are also mechanisms to recover/reset a lost Username/ Password – when you create your new password, create a “hint” as well.
- Please note that you share an account and password between adults/student. Make sure that you agree on a password and let the other know if you change it!
- Whenever you enter using this Username/password, another more detailed screen appears, with various button options for you to access areas in the Charms account.
STEP 1: UPDATE STUDENT INFORMATION
- Update the Student’s info by clicking on Update Info. Please fill out all applicable fields on this screen.
- Please do not change the student ID number. This is tied to the school’s student ID.
- Update the student’s cell phone number and email if applicable. Note this is the student’s email, and cannot be the school email address.
- Update the student’s t-shirt size. Please note Y(outh) or A(dult) in addition to the size - XS, S, M, etc.
- Update allergies/food restrictions.
STEP 2: UPDATE ADULT INFORMATION
- Please include any adult who should receive band communication. You may need to click on the name of an adult already entered into the system (at bottom of screen) or add a new one (button to add is at top of screen). Again, please fill out all applicable fields.
- Please fill out the “Interests” section with skills you have or areas in which you are willing to help the band program.
- Finally, be sure to click the green Update button so that your changes are saved.
For general reference - a quick overview of the components in Charms:
- The Personal Information will help our directors communicate more effectively with the band family. You will help make changes to your and your child’s student information page to help them best communicate. This information will be the basis for emails, phone calls, text messages, volunteer requests, travel notifications, etc., so it is important that it be kept up to date.
- The Recording Studio allows students to upload personal recordings will be used throughout the year by the directors for listening to progress and/or assessment.
- The Calendar will list events, rehearsals, and volunteer/RSVP opportunities. It will only show information that is public in nature or specific to your child’s band.
- Handouts & Files will have all handbooks, documents, forms, etc. posted.
- The Volunteer section will allow the band directors to communicate all volunteer needs, give you a place to sign up for where you can help, and facilitate reminders.
- Financial information is not shown and will be implemented later, but will include information for your individual student accounts, payment balances, etc.
- The “stuff” button will indicate school items under the student’s responsibility (music, uniforms, instruments).
- The Participation button reveals Points standings right now. The attendance tab under participation will indicate absences/tardies from extra-curricular activities only. Official school attendance will still be captured under the school-wide Skyward program.
- If you have multiple students in the band program, you can link them together using the Multiple Students icon. Upside: (after they are linked together) you only need to remember one of their passwords. You can toggle between their two accounts. Possible downside: they will have access to each other’s information. Parental preference to link or not.
- You can also download the Charms App to your smartphone – search your App Store for “Charms Parent/ Student Portal” (or “Charms Blue”). It’s the way to stay in touch on the go!